WMOX Agenda - Tuesday March 8, 2011
I will be coming over from the 'burbs of Brandon in the am barring the unforeseen to join the Morning Show crew. As usual we have a full agenda which no doubt will change by the morning or during the show. Here are some of the things on the agenda for the morning:
- The Great Muddle through continues. Latest thoughts on the economic recovery including the truck index, the unemployment rate, the 4th quarter GDP and other key measures.
- The spike in oil prices what are the causes and how may it impact the fragile recovery?
- After the the fall in Egypt, next is Libya and what about Saudi Arabia?. Revolution fever spreads through out the Middle East. What next?
- What are the fundamentals behind rising oil prices. What is the futures market and why does it matter?
- Is the inflation monster now rearing its ugly head?
- Why is balancing the federal budget so hard? Both politics and a lack of understanding of the drivers of the budget.
- Who is curve ball and what does he have to do with WMDs in Iraq? Did an episode of 24 come to life in the run-up to the war?
- Why is the show down in Wisconsin and other states so important to budgets? The difference between public and private unions.
- Liberals lack understanding of basic economics according to a recent study. Surprise?!
- Most importantly, the Heels thumped Dook aka Duke last Saturday night. It conference tournament time and then March Madness. Go Heels!
- What ever listeners which to talk about.
WMOX now has streaming video and audio so tune in online if outside the airwaves of Meridian. I have a link on my website if you want to log on and join the discussion. We start at 6:15 am cdt and run till just before 10 am cdt. We also have some show archives there.
Looking forward to talking to the folks in Meridian.
- The Professor